Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Bahamas...Finally!

So the captain and first mate have had no luck finding internet, or a phone, in there current explorations, so they have currently assigned the blogging to me. Luckily they are able to send a little email through their radio to update me on the happenings and give Meghan and I plenty of things to do for them here at home. Here's what they have been up to the last couple weeks
"Sorry about the long pause it the blog postings. We have found a part of the world that does not have internet access. Here is an update on FineLine for the last two weeks. We arrived in Biminis on 2/27/07 (25.43.5 North 79.18 West...so you can look us up on Google Earth). It took us 5.5 hours to cross from Key Biscayne. Bimini is alot of fun with nice friendly people. We stayed in a small marina right in Alice Town and made many new friends with fellow boaters. We visited a few bars and heard some good Calypso music. There are also many beautiful beaches you can enjoy all by yourself.We left Bimini on 3/3/07 for a 10.5 hour sail due east to Bullock Harbor in The Berrys Island Group. We did some sightseeing and relaxing on the beach before heading around the top of the Islands and down the east side. We entered a long string of Cays and have been anchored on the west side of Devils Cay (who names these Cays??) since 3/6/07 (25.35.83 North, 77.43.85 West). We are directly in front of a sugar white beach. We snorkle and swim daily....after we finish our boat chores. The wind has been strong from the North and North East which has prevented us from heading north towards our next destination. We are hoping for a weather window later this week. In the meantime we have hooked up with Peter and Eileen on "Appleseed" from Vancouver WA and Josh and Julie on "Sugar Beach" from PA. There are no roads here, no stores, no phones, no shops, no buildings only deserted Islands with one exception.... Flo's Conch Bar. We are regular visitors in our small dinghy and enjoy the fine meals Flo cooks (that would be Conch with rice, beans and cole slaw). We'll hopefully get some pictures posted soon."
That's all for now...I'll keep the blog updated as often as I am updated!

-Captain & Crew & Dana

2 comments:

lpdjshaw said...

Glad to hear you're having fun. We'll be in Puerto Rico on 4/3, St. Marten on 4/4 and St. Thomas on 4/5. You guys going to be anywhere around there at that time?
Take Care,
Lance

Almost Capt. Jack said...

I'm off probation and I think that I've fooled them all. When Chiros heard that I was off probation, he tried to get me wet with the garden hose at the front door of Station Five. But I figured that something was up so I came out the app bay doors and, after saying hello from a distance, went to 2312 drivers side. Robbie came up behind me and put the bear hold on me. It took two to hold me long enough so Terry could get me wet.

Sounds like you and the girls are having a very good time. I'm not sure I could get used to the Conk or Konk every day and I'm surprised Capt. Finiky would eat it. Maybe it's good with blackened onions. Beaches look good too and my goodness Steve...you got a cute butt! Must be working out!

Larry Anderson is remarried as I write this. The wedding was today in Oregon. Doug and Darleen went. I have a trip to Hawaii to deal with in the summer so I could not go. I'm happy for him.

Barb went to India for her son's fiance's parents. She was gone for about two weeks. She is supposed to come by the station with pictures soon.

That Austrailian woman from the City Managers office got Barbs job. Or at least the opening that was created. I'm not talking to her. Not yet anyway...we'll see whose side she's on. You're not missing much here. I have the feeling that Admin. has it's own problems to deal with and that takes all Mark's time. OH yeah...I feel real sorry for him.

In October of last year, I went to England to see my favorite 80's band Level 42. They got back together after disbanding (is that an oxymoron?) in 1994. I cashed in my American Express points and had a blast. Girls wear BOOTS! With naughty stockings as well! And I had the best Indian food EVER! Nothing like it here.

The Captain's test is coming up in May. Who knows how it will turn out. Me and Jorge are working together on it.

John Adams blew a disk in his lower back. He was in a lot of pain but he seems to be getting better with phys Therapy.

I think that should about to it. By the way...does Anne have the same kind of swimm suit as you do Steve?

Jack